If you’re like most people, you are so busy that you’re running out the house for the day without snacks in hand. Maybe you’re thinking, "I’m not a child, I don’t need to pack snacks for the road..." Wrong! What if you get hungry and you’re blood sugar levels start to drop? When blood sugar drops, the intense hunger can trigger cravings, lead to out of control overeating and the willpower drops to zero. Not to mention headaches, shakiness, moodiness that often occurs as well. With no preparations from home, those vending machine will start looking better and better. Or the donuts that someone (lovingly) brought in. Or worse yet, the need to contend with roadside snacking which rarely gives you a healthy choice.
Here are 15 snacks you can prepare at home that meet my criteria of a healthy snack, criteria being 1) must contain protein 2) contain no added sugar 3) contain a“good” fat
1. Hummus and celery sticks
2. Guacamole and chips
3. Olives and cheese
4. Tapenade and carrot sticks
5. Celery with almond butter
6. Dried fruit and raw nut mix
7. Rice cakes with peanut butter
8. Plain yogurt with cut up fruit (sweeten with Stevia)
9. Dates stuffed with sunflower butter
10. Cold quinoa salad with cut veggies and olive oil mixed in.
11. Smoothie made with cashews, bananas, tbsp. coconut oil, handful of raw spinach, tsp. stevia to sweeten.
12. Salted edamame
14. Half a sweet potato, topped with broccoli and goat cheese
15. Sprouted date bread topped with tahini
Yum. That should get you through to dinner...
Contact Nicole for your FREE Nutrition Consultation
For Upcoming Nicole Fey Wellness Events
For Upcoming Yoga Retreats
Leave a Reply.
Midlife Health Coach, Juicing Expert and Kundalini Yoga Teacher